Undergraduate Student Resources
This page is meant to act as a "one-stop shop" for link to UIC and College of Engineering information and forms that undergraduate students need. Is there something you don't see below that you want to see added? Please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Online forms for current Engineering students
- Approval to take course outside of UIC
- Change of major form
- Credit hour overload petition
- General student petition
- Graduation check form
- Intent to graduate
- Late drop petition (Note: deadline is the end of week 10 in fall and spring, Wednesday of the third week in summer session 1, and end of the fifth week of summer session 2)
- Minor / concentration form
- Transfer articulation petition
- University withdrawal form
Online forms for non-Engineering students
- Modification of major form
- Proposal for undergraduate research by engineering students
- Credit/no credit form: please obtain from the undergraduate office in 123 SEO
- GPA recalculation form: please obtain from the undergraduate office in 123 SEO
- Academic calendar
- Biweekly payroll calendar for student workers
- Class schedule: access via my.uic.edu
- Counseling Center
- Disability Resource Center
- Engineering Career Center
- Faculty office hours: see individual faculty profile pages
- Guaranteed Paid Internship Program: Freshmen
- Guaranteed Paid Internship Program: Transfers
- Honors College tutoring
- Laboratory safety info
- Math and Sciences Learning Center
- mHUB access: see section below
- Minority Engineering Recruitment and Retention Program (MERRP)
- Student timesheet report
- Transferring between UIC colleges
- UIC student affairs website
- UIC student involvement website
- Women in Engineering Programs website
Free student memberships to a major Chicago innovation center
mHUB is an innovation center focused on physical product development and manufacturing—and a fantastic resource available to UIC Engineering students at no cost.
The 63,000-square-foot center is home to 10 fabrication labs. What can you do there? Fabrication with electronics, plastic, metals, and textiles. You have access to rapid prototyping services, and there’s even a microfactory for small production runs.
mHUB is located at 965 W. Chicago Avenue in River West, about three blocks from the Chicago stop on the blue line and a 15-minute bike ride from campus.
Learn all about mHUB and its services here.
Activating your student membership
- Complete the member onboarding form to register yourself in mHUB’s internal system. To receive the no-cost UIC membership, you must use your UIC email address when you sign up. Select “Associate Membership” (and don’t worry, you will not be charged the rate quoted to the general public for that membership level). When you go online to register, be prepared with a personal photo to upload.
- Schedule a new member orientation session. mHUB holds these 30-minute sessions every Tuesday at 5:10 p.m. and every Thursday at 12:00 noon, and on the last Saturday of each month at 2 p.m. The orientation includes a chance to ask any questions you might have.
- Before you attend the orientation session, review the membership agreement and code of conduct. You will be expected to sign these documents during orientation.
- Attend the orientation session you selected. You will need to bring your UIC iCard with you when you attend orientation and any training sessions.
- To access any equipment and/or labs, you must attend a general safety shop training. These 45-minute training sessions occur throughout the week and are offered immediately after any of the orientation slots.
Remember: To ensure that you receive the no-cost UIC student membership, you must use your UIC email address when you sign up, and you must bring your iCard when you attend the in-person orientation.
Kristin Scally Roadman, economic development and innovation coordinator, is your best resource. You can email her at email@example.com.