Undergraduate Student Resources
This page is meant to act as a "one-stop shop" for link to UIC and College of Engineering information and forms that undergraduate students need. Is there something you don't see below that you want to see added? Please let us know at email@example.com.
Forms Heading link
Online forms for current Engineering students
- Approval to take course outside of UIC
- Change of major form (Note: please refer to the Academic Major Report to find additional information regarding changing majors)
- Credit hour overload petition
- Credit / No Credit petition (Note: only available during the add/drop period of each term)
- General student petition
- GPA Recalculation Petition (Note: only available for students who started at UIC prior to fall 2017. Only available during the add/drop period of each term)
- Graduation check form
- Intent to graduate
- Late drop petition (Note: deadline is the end of week 10 in fall and spring, Wednesday of the third week in summer session 1, and end of the fifth week of summer session 2)
- Minor / concentration form (Note: this is to declare a minor/concentration in College of Engineering areas only. To request a minor from another College, follow instructions on that College’s website.)
- Transfer articulation petition
- University withdrawal form
Online forms for non-Engineering students
- General student petition
- Intercollege transfer petition
- Minimum course requirements are to have a Math 180 (Calculus I) equivalent course completed.
- Computer Science Department majors also require a CS 111 (CS I) equivalent course to be completed.
- Please refer to the Academic Major Report to find additional information regarding changing majors
- Minor request form
Helpful Links Heading link
- Academic calendar
- Biweekly payroll calendar for student workers
- Class schedule: access via my.uic.edu
- Counseling Center
- Disability Resource Center
- Engineering Career Center
- Engineering Learning Center. (UIC NetID login required). Located in SEL-NE2063.
- Equity and Inclusion in Engineering Program (formerly MERRP)
- Faculty office hours: see individual faculty profile pages
- Guaranteed Paid Internship Program: Freshmen
- Guaranteed Paid Internship Program: Transfers
- Laboratory safety info
- Math and Sciences Learning Center
- mHUB access: see section below
- Student timesheet report
- Transferring between UIC colleges
- Transferology (UIC course transfer guide)
- Tutoring via the Honors College
- UIC student affairs website
- UIC student involvement website
- Women in Engineering Programs website
Important Information Heading link
Free student memberships to a major Chicago innovation center
mHUB is an innovation center focused on physical product development and manufacturing—and a fantastic resource available to UIC Engineering students at no cost.
The 63,000-square-foot center is home to 10 fabrication labs. What can you do there? Fabrication with electronics, plastic, metals, and textiles. You have access to rapid prototyping services, and there’s even a microfactory for small production runs.
mHUB is located at 965 W. Chicago Avenue in River West, about three blocks from the Chicago stop on the blue line and a 15-minute bike ride from campus.
Learn all about mHUB and its services here.
Activating your student membership
- Complete the member onboarding form in order to register with mHUB’s internal system and schedule your new member orientation. Please upload a personal photo for your Key Card.
- Please select a time to attend a Virtual Member Orientation
- Review the Membership Agreement before orientation. You will be expected to sign these documents during orientation.
- You will be expected to provide either credit card information or ACH bank information for payment once the orientation has finished. You will not be charged membership fees if applying with a university and using your university email address.
- IMPORTANT: You will receive instructions for basic shop safety training. This training is done virtually and will need to be completed before you gain access to the shop.
Remember: To ensure that you receive the no-cost UIC student membership, you must use your UIC email address when you sign up, and you must bring your iCard when you attend the in-person orientation.
Contact the UIC Innovation team at Innovation@uic.edu