Undergraduate Career Outcomes
At UIC Engineering, your success is paramount. Your coursework in engineering or computer science will prepare you to succeed in your career—or to excel in graduate or professional school. Our career development programs step in to give you the knowledge, skills, and tools you need to be competitive in seeking the job or graduate-school placement of your choice.
Get to know our Engineering Career Center
UIC Engineering students benefit from a team of full-time staff whose primary goal—and area of expertise—is connecting students with rewarding positions in engineering. This is in addition to the university-wide Career Services office that is open to all UIC students. Think of it as two layers of support. Follow the link below to learn about the specialized career development offered by the Engineering Career Center.
900+ companies have actively engaged in hiring our students
$100K+ top salaries reported by last year's bachelor's degree graduates
5 full-time career staff devoted entirely to UIC Engineering students
What does the Engineering Career Center do?
- Coordinates two career fairs that are focused specifically on engineering and computer science. These events—which attract more than 225 companies each year—add a layer of opportunity beyond the six or more UIC-wide career fairs held by the university each year.
- Prepares students to succeed in the internship and job search. Engineering students can meet one-on-one with career counselors or participate in group workshops to gain skills in searching for positions, writing résumés and cover letters, conducting a strong interview, and negotiating offers and salary.
- Develops relationships with employers. Our career center staff continually seeks to create and strengthen UIC Engineering’s connections to the companies where our students seek to work—and can have an impact.
- Connects students with alumni through a mentoring program. The program is open to applications each September, and students are matched with alumni whose career is pertinent to their chosen major.
- Organizes our unique Guaranteed Paid Internship Program. UIC Engineering guarantees a paid summer internship to first-year and transfer students at UIC Engineering who maintain a minimum GPA and who participate in the Freshman Engineering Success Program. Learn more about this unique program.
- Sends out weekly newsletters with information on internship and job opportunities, events, and more.
For additional information, visit the Engineering Career Center website.